Over Labor Day weekend we went to Salem for Scott's friend Matt's wedding. We were able to spend some quality time with the Fish family members that live out there. Scott's three sisters and their families are still there and his mom lives close by on the Oregon coast. Not to mention the fifteen nieces and nephews we have from those three families. So we were pretty busy trying to fit time with everyone in. It was such a fun trip. It started on Thursday night with a family dinner with Matthew(groom) and Chris'(bride) families at Matt's mom's house. Just a little background for you readers. Scott spent his entire life in the same neighborhood. He has friends, like Matthew who he has known forever. He used to go on family trips with the Casebeers. It just blows my mind because I moved so much as a kid, oh wait I still move so much, that it is hard to believe that you could have the same friends since grade school. Pretty impressive. Anyway, that was the first night. The next day was family day. We went bowling and then to the pool where Lazelle (oldest nephew, I will show you a picture later) works with all the kiddos. Those kids sure eat up their uncle Scott.
Dinner the first night. Scott and Matthew's little brother Alex.
Scott and Lazelle, it's crazy how much they look alike!
Scott playing with Ethan and Dallon in the pool.
Working on Ethan's bowling game. I thought this picture was pretty cute!
On Saturday morning Scott's family has a tradition of having a breakfast in the park for Labor Day. Since we were leaving on Monday we celebrated a little early. After breakfast they go for a walk around the park and pick blackberries. It was kind of crazy because we actually ran into Matt and some other friends of Scott's out on a pre-wedding jog. We spent some more time with the fam and then it was on to the amazing wedding.
The whole gang after breakfast on our way to our walk.
Running into the boys on the trail.
They got married at a vineyard that seriously made you feel like you were in Italy. It was so gorgeous, I was ready to do it all over again myself! The only downside was that coming from the Arizona heat, which I was grateful to get a break from don't get me wrong, I was FREEZING at the wedding and reception which were entirely outside. The worst part is I knew I would be cold and I had been stressing over what to wear. Of course I chose the dumb option knowing that the other girls would be wearing little formal dresses and wanting to fit in. I knew I should have just worn a fun fall outfit with tights and a cute sweater but no, instead I just wore Scott's suit coat and looked like an idiot the whole night. Oh well, you win some you lose some.
The happy couple. Her dress was stunning by the way.
On Sunday afternoon we went to "Court Street Dairy Lunch" for a little after wedding lunch that another one of Scott's friend's dad put on for the newlyweds. Another little side story here. Scott's friend Brian's dad used to take this group of boys to this little place in downtown Salem for burgers and shakes a lot so he had them open up on Sunday for the wedding party and all the boys. I had to pass "the Court Street test" while there. Silly them, they obviously don't know me very well....a test that includes ordering a cheesburger and milkshake over a salad...Of course I passed with flying colors!
If you are ever in Salem, Oregon this is the place to eat!
All the boys outside their old stompin' grounds.
We had time for one more family get together that night with a family dinner and then it was back to Phoenix in the morning. It was such a fun trip and everytime we go to Oregon I realize more and more why Scott loves it there so much.
5 comments:
Wow, so much fun! You guys are always doing something fun and exciting! I am so glad you started a blog, now I can keep up with the fast life of Kirby and Scott!
You two always know how to have fun. You put our little road trip vacations to shame!
What the heck, when did you get and blog and why didn't you tell me! What are you doing? I miss you!!
Hey girl, you crack me up. I can just hear you talking as I read your posts. It was so good to talk to you the other day. Next road trip to Boise? I think that would be a super idea!
Kirby- y'all are SO busy! Looks like so, so much fun. I love your blog..I'm so glad we can stay updated this way. One of these days when I have five free minutes I WILL call you. I miss you!!
Post a Comment