Alright it is time to wrap up the rest of the summer for you. Scott was working in Philadelphia while I played, and travelled, and played some more... I have the best job ever! Being only three hours away from my parents in Maryland and two hours away from some of my best friends in New York and Baltimore definitely lent itself to many trips. One of the first trips I made was to my parent's house to see them, two of my sisters, and my cute niece Tegan. We went to Six Flags, ate at awesome restuarants, played games, and got mani-pedis. So fun!
Showing off our new nails...Thanks Pops!
For the 4th of July my parent's came up to Philly to spend the weekend. Angela and Tegan were still in town so it was a little bonus.
The girls in Independence Hall
Tegan in Amish Country looking too precious to pass up.
After the 4th it is all a blur. I'm not really sure of the order of all the next trips but this is what the rest of July looked like...
Scott and I went to Manhattan to visit the Romney's. We could not get over how big Parker had gotten and how small Mary was at nine months pregnant!
"Scott and the Romney's"! Watch for them on i-Tunes...
Even Parker got into the action with his little mic!
Craig, Ryan, Slade, and Scott grillin' it up.
I went to Rochester to see Ben and Amanda and meet sweet baby Ethan. We went to the Hill Cumorah Pageant, Niagra Falls, and Palmyra. I was just planning on hanging out with Amanda and helping her with her new baby but that new momma would not have it. She was a great tour guide and it was so fun to see her.
This temple is gorgeous! I am so glad that Amanda and Ben plan on being in the area for awhile so I have an excuse to go back.
Baby Ethan. He was exhausted after touring the city and visiting his dad at work.
Niagra Falls with Ethan, can you tell I got a little obsessed with this kid?!
Me and Amanda at the Pageant.
We went down to Baltimore for one of my High School friend's wedding and then stayed for a slumber party with Lindsay and Matt. The next day we went to the Inner Harbor and saw the creepy "Bones" exhibit, I thought I was going to pass out. Not really sure what I was thinking going to that. I can't even stand watching my blood being taken.
All dressed up for the wedding
We went sky-diving in Jersey with some of Scott's co-workers and our friends Lindsay and Matt. It was a pretty scary experience but also one of the funnest things we have ever done. I was thinking we would get a little more training before they shuttled us on the noisey plane while half telling us how to exit it. My instructor hardly spoke english which was not comforting at all and when I tried to ask Scott's instructor for clarification, while sitting on the floor of the tightly packed and very loud aircraft mind you, he just kept holding my hand and telling me everything was going to be fine. It actually worked though because all I could think about was how this hippy sky-diving instructor was holding my hand! All I remember about exiting was the back of the plane opening, all of us jumping up and getting strapped to our partners, and then being thrown from the plane. Amazing!! I would definitely recommend it, it was such a rush.
The whole crew before we jumped.
Sporting our sweet harnesses.
I went back down to DC while my sister-in-law and niece were in town. Ally and I went to New York while my parents kept Kennedy. We had so much fun on our quick trip. We went to all the major sights, did some great shopping, ate at fantastic restuarants, and even made it to a Broadway show. For those of you who have not seen "Grease" yet you are totally missing out. I have seen a lot of shows and this is one of my new favorites. Plus we got to meet Danny afterwards which was just the icing on the cake! :)
Never too soon to start bra shopping Kennedy. :) And then it's me and Ally outside the "Today" show. (I cannot figure out how to put a space in between a picture once I have posted it somewhere...expert bloggers?)
Loving my dad for the amazing seats he got us, and hamming it up with Danny after the show. You know you are jealous!
In August I threw a bridal shower for one of my girlfriends from Belgium. Man I wish I had a scanner so you could all see how cool we were in middle and high school! I was so glad we lived so close for the summer and that I could help her with wedding plans.
Bridget sporting her new lingerie and all her loot!
Choosing linens and China. Oh and wearing my signature summer shirt...kind of embarassing how many pictures I have in that thing!
Just a little side note in here. Our friends Mike and Susan lived in Philly with us so we pretty much played with them all the time. Susan, Hampton and I were best buddies this summer so I definitely need to give them a shout-out in this summer rundown.
How cute is he?!

Okay so the second week in August my parents came up again and this time they brought my cute nephews and sister Shelby. Whitney came down from Connecticut too so we had quite the party in Philly. In case you are getting confused I have three sisters, Angela, Shelby, and Whitney. One sister-in-law Ally. Two nieces, Tegan and Kennedy. And two nephews, Jaxon and Tavin. And don't worry I got to see ALL of them this summer... I am so spoiled.
Parents, sisters, nephews...love them!
Can you tell we are sisters? I love when people say we look alike, I think she is so cute! What a compliment!
After everyone left it was time to get ready for the 40 hour drive home. Don't feel too sorry for me though because on the way we stopped in Louisville to stay with my cute friend Suzy. We are so glad that our husbands get along so well because we had such a blast with them in Phoenix and are missing them like crazy already. Not to mention the fact that Parker is so stinkin' cute and we are missing all the fun things he is learing to do.
I stole this family picture from their blog.

Then it was on to Dallas where we stayed with Scott's brother John's family. So fun. We do not see them and their cute kids enough. They pretty much think that uncle Scott is the coolest thing ever and give him all the attention he could ask for, and trust me he asks for a lot. Being the baby of eight has ruined him. He even came in the house while we were there to get all of our attention while he did back flips on the trampoline. And you people ask me why I don't have kids yet...are you kidding me?!
Can you tell who the favorite uncle is?
So after three days of driving we finally made it back to our cute little home in Tempe. I wish I could say we are quietly staying put but we actually just got back from a trip to Oregon last weekend that I will post about later, and the trips don't stop there.... So keep up the good work on catching up with the Fish family. Good Luck!!!
7 comments:
I've got a few things to say to you:
1. I'm jealous of your summer travels. It's like you're in High School or College all over again. Being a grown up stinks!
2. I'm so glad you came to stay with us for a week and I can't wait for the day you come back (neither can Ethan).
3. Your nieces are so dang cute! I had never seen a picture of them before.
4. Holy crap! I didn't even recongnize Shelby. She looks freaking amazing! Tell her I said that because she deserves praise for the hard work she's done.
5. Way to document your summer. You're getting good at this whole blog thing.
Okay...I was teary the entire time I read your blog. I miss haning out with you everyday. Everytime I try to talk to Hampton in your voice, he totally lights up. You and Scott both look so stinkin HOT all the time. Mike and I feel hot just being your friends. Miss you so much and thanks for the shout out!!! Love you
Kirby, how random, this is Sarah, Lillie's friend (friend of Casey Huffmire and Paul F.) who used to know you in Provo. I saw you on Lillie's blog, and came here, but barely recognize you with your short, darling blonde hair and bangs! I'm inspired...
So fun to see your life!
I really need to do my blog homework.... how long have you had this blog without me knowing!!!!
So fun to catch up with what you guys are up to. I LOVE the new dew- hot! We miss you guys
Kirby! Look at your CUTE blonde bob! I debate bangs at least a couple of times a year, try them here and there, and they NEVER look like that on me. I can't figure out what the trick is.
And how cute is your husband? Thanks for saying hi!
Kirby!!! Kirby Munns Fish! :) Rachel (Boatright) DeVault here! :) Blog-hopping and found you. Feel free to look at mine--hope you don't mind me finding yours. And how cool that I stumble on the post of you hosting a bridal shower for Bridget, who's marrying Mike, who was in my English class in Belgium, and Bridget was in a few others?! Anyway, woo....I need to cool it with the exclamation marks. Just excited. :) www.raeswheels.blogspot.com | www.rdlens.blogspot.com
Ok so you have got to start updating your blog because then I can remember what to comment on. All I can say is that I am jealous of the sky diving! I wish I would have done that before I got pregnant because I know I won't ever do it now that I am a mom! I become more chicken every year I get older. Come visit us soon!
Post a Comment