Monday, September 29, 2008

Scott's Birthday

I am obviously slacking in the blogging department because Scott's birthday was two weeks ago! We had a pretty laid back day starting with a late breakfast and then three hours of church, what everyone wants to do on their birthday! Then we went to the Case's for dinner that night. Mary(Case) Romney is one of Scott's best friends and her parents have kind of adopted Scott. They live in Phoenix and we have wanted to go see them so it worked out well that we were able to spend his birthday with the closest thing we have to family out here.

Just a little disclaimer about these pictures. Scott always threatens to grow a beard...I hate beards. I figured since it was his birthday week and he was obviously going through some early mid-life crisis thing I would get off his back for awhile. So feel free to not encourage him to grow it again. The day after his birthday though....It took some serious nagging and threats of with-holding "certain things" to finally (about another week) get him to shave that nasty thing off! 

Here he is being really excited about the german chocolate cake and wishing he were actually turning 25 instead of 28!





The Case's. Becca and Michael are the last of the seven kids at home. They were very happy to have more company around.

6 comments:

Erica said...

Happy Birthday Scott! I am sorry I can't say anything negative about the facial hair because I always to and make Ryan grow his out. He makes it like 4 days and says he can't handle it anymore...so sorry Kirby!

Megan said...

first off - didn't know you had a blog. lame. second - happy birthday scott. sorry we are loser friends. let's get together pronto.

lauren ann said...

....what kind of "certain things" are you talking about Kirby? Happy birthday Scott.
PS Can the 4 of us be roomies again someday?

FelonyMelanie said...

Friend!!! It has been way too long!!! You have to send me your address so i can send you an invite.. how on earth are you??

RSP said...

Kirby it's been a long time! This is Raschell. I found your blog through Tiff. Looks like things are good for you guys! I added your blog to my list so I can keep up. If you want to check ours out it's private, so send me your email and I will add you. Good to see you again!

Lisha said...

Kirby! I love your blog. It took me about 15 minutes to read all your adventures. It was fun to see what you did while you were gone all summer. I will definitely be following your trip to Spain.:)