Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cancer

Tegan had her appointment with the specialist and they confirmed that she does have cancer. They don't know how advanced the cancer is yet. She has another appointment on Tuesday and that is when we will know what her treatment will be like. Chemo is inevitable at this point and will most likely be the first step they take next week. Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Angela that I am thinking about her and her sweet baby girl. Your family is soooo amazing and strong, that the Lord will bless and comfort you all on some level. I can't wait to talk to you and hear more. Kirby...I am so sorry.

Erica said...

So sad! I can't believe that! She is only 2! That is just crazy. Chest and neck seem like a hard/bad place to have it. We will continue to have her in our prayers, poor thing!

Rae said...

We'll keep praying!!!

longnecker said...

We are praying and praying. Miracles happen everyday and she will be one - I know it. Please keep us informed, there has not been an hour that has gone by since Thursday that I have not thought of all of you. Love you.

Bridget said...

Oh Kirby...my heart just aches for you and your family, especially little Tegan. We are all praying in New Jersey, New York, Japan and back.

RSP said...

A family in our ward is going through the same thing and their daughter is the same age. I have watched them pull through this with admiration and seen it take it's toll. I will be thinking and praying for smooth travels down the long path ahead...

Amanda said...

Poor girl :( She'll definitely be in our prayers.

On a happy note, you are coming back to America so soon! I can't wait to talk to you and hear all about your adventures.

Lisha said...

Oh my...that just breaks my heart! We will definitely keep Tegan in our prayers!

I got your message and tried to call you back. I will try again later this week.

I am thinking about you!