Monday, August 8, 2011

Six Months and Catch Up!

Six Months!
I mean seriously with this face?! Each month continues to be "my favorite stage". This little boy is just getting more and more fun and learning all kinds of tricks. Why have I not been blogging you ask? Because I would rather be playing with this little guy! Well that and the fact that we have had lots of big events and life changes in the past four months. Here is a little recap for you starting with what we are up to now...cause that is the way I loaded my pictures and I'm too lazy to reorganize them, or change the ones that loaded sideways....
so sorry about that.

Beckett is sitting up like a champ. Weighed 23pounds 3ounces at his six month appointment, giggles and "talks" like crazy
and just cut his first tooth.
He is getting so big, I wish I could freeze time!
This is his new favorite position to sleep. Love those thighs!
We are all settled into our new home in Charlotte and are loving it here. Scott is working for Bank of America and enjoying it. We have a great ward out here filled with tons of families in a similar stage of life as us and are renting a three bedroom townhouse that is perfect for our little family. Well, almost perfect...it is three stories. Please refer to the above caption where I told you my six month old weighs over 23 pounds! Three flights of stairs...23lb baby...
and you wonder where my baby weight has gone!!
We have plenty of room and have actually already had several visitors so if you are looking for some Southern Hospitality head on over!

Five Months!

He definitely started getting more active during this month making
the photo ops much more difficult!
He loves his little jumperoo.
We went back up to Maryland for Father's Day.
This was at the naval museum.
Our little patriotic family on the Fourth of July.

Four Months!
This was the month of the bad haircut, it was traumatizing for all of us.
Luckily his hair grows fast. :)
Before his haircut came his appointment where we
confirmed that he is a chunk! 19lbs 9ounces.
He looks so funny on that tiny scale
(we're saying that's the problem here...the scale).
Beckett and I flew to MD right after he turned 4 months, the end of May.
We were able to spend a few days with my parents before my mom helped us drive down to Charlotte. Here we went to the strawberry patch by their house.
First solid food, he was not as into it as I thought he would be. But now...watch out! You need like four hands to
keep the food coming fast enough for this porker! :)

First trip to Myrtle Beach in the middle of June. It was in this sweet set up we had that he rolled over for the first time. Scott missed it...
too busy soaking up the rays.

Three Months!
This is when he really starting filling out and getting a cute personality.
He is so expressive it's pretty funny.

Baby Blessing, May 15th, 2011
This was his face after taking care of some serious business
during the photo shoot.
....and this is the serious business. Yikes,
luckily this was after the blessing.
So many friends and family were able to be there. The Smarts.
Scott's brother John and wife Cindy and his sister Krista.
The Clarks.
My fam.
The men who were in the circle
(minus Eric, Bryan, Layn, Tyler and the Bishop).
Scott did such a great job with his blessing, it was a tear-jerker.

Graduation May 13th, 2011!
Scott worked so hard for four long years to get his JD/MBA from ASU,
we were so proud. I may have cried during his law school graduation,
what a sense of relief!
But it also could have been becuase I was thinking about the poor girl in
front of him who fell down the stairs as they were all walking accross
the stage to their seats...it was hilarious, poor girl. :)

The Murrays- Friends from business school.
Munns side of the cheerleaders.
John and Krista.
Woohoo!! Fish family finally moving on from school!!

Oh, and before all those festivities happend Scott and his "riding buddies",Tyler and Frank,
did a 75 mile bike ride in Mesa.
My bum hurts just thinking about riding a bike that far!

Saying goodbye to good friends in Arizona was no fun.
We loved living there and have so many great memories.
Robin and Lisha

We had a serious baby boy boom in the ward this last year,
these were our park buddies.
Robin and Cayden, and Cassie and Eli.
Not only did we leave our house behind...I also sold my first car. We had to have a little moment before she was onto a new family. Sad.
Also sad...my hair.
Apparently I didn't wash it like the entire last week of living in Arizona!
These are just so I can remember Beckett's first room.

These are a few random shots from our trip to Idaho back in April.
First time swimming while we were in ID with grammie.
And just some other cute ones I never got around to posting.
This was his actual "first haricut" back on Easter.
Twins!
So little...that bathtub only lasted a few short months...
Phew! I'm kind of caught up. I wish I could say I'm going to be better at
keeping this thing updated but let's be honest...
I don't want to make any empty promises. :)

13 comments:

Shelby said...

OH MY HECK!!! I am teary right now!! He is getting so big and I am missing it. What a great post. I loved all the pictures so much and I love you more. Thanks for sharing!!

Kimberley said...

Great update! Oh my how time flies! Beckett is adorable! And congrats to Scott on graduating! And I had no idea you moved to Charlotte, how exciting! I hope you guys are doing well!!! XOXO

Lisha said...

Perfect update! Thanks for sharing! Beckett is adorable and always will be!! Miss you!!

Erica said...

Yay! I loved this catch up post! He really is getting cuter and cuter by the minute! I am so excited you guys are going to be back in our driving distance life again soon! I miss you and feel like I don't even know Beckett! That makes me so sad! Let's figure out a good time and try calling again! You and your hair comment made me laugh! And boy were you blonde when you went to MD. SO pretty! Love you guys!

Audrey Crisp said...

How fun!!! Congrats to your husband! John just graduated law school and now we're moving to New York so he can get a Masters degree in tax at NYU. So he'll Be in law school for 4 years too... Can't wait to be done! Did Scott only go to
Law school a year before My husband? I swear it was like 2 years before... Maybe I'm trippin' Your little guy is such a cutie!!! I love how chubby he is! Thanks for the update and good luck in Charlotte! That's where my husbands little brother has been serving his mission. He loves it there.

RSP said...

So many changes! What a cutie you have on your hands- they grow so fast! You are seriously enticing me with your southern hospitality. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later when we see you again. So glad to hear things are going well.

Tiffanie said...

hes getting so big!! and he weighs more than savannah which is sad

Heidi Perez said...

Kirby! My brother Jeff and sister-in-law live in Charlotte b/c working for BoA too! He is a process design consultant for a closure customer experience team. I have no idea what that means, but maybe Scott will. They're in Huntersville, in a neighborhood w/ a bunch of other BYU grad families. Where are you guys? And p.s. Did you know Erin's getting married?

vanessa said...

your baby is a little dream boat! so sweet. i can't believe he's already 6 months old. and you look great kirby! hope you guys are enjoying charlotte! love these posts!

Georgia Fish Henrichsen said...

Thank you Kirby! You did a wonderful job and, of course, you have amazing material to work with! Tell Beckett Grandma FIsh is COMING!!!!

Carrie said...

Wow! He has grown soooo much! I can't believe that Thor will get that big. I'm glad that you are settled in Charlotte but we miss you here.

Bryan and Whitney said...

It was so fun visiting you guys. Beckett is a stud and we loved your new house and neighborhood! Hopefully we can make it down there sometime soon! If not, you will just have to come up to NYC. :)

The Reeds said...

Corey and I enjoyed looking at all your pics and especially pics of Beckett. He is a cute little man. I just love those cheeks! Hope you guys r doing well. We miss you guys.